Monday, June 12, 2006

A message from God

It has been months that i have this 'feeling' which made my soul so restless and distrubed. Everytime i have it, something bad would happen to me that day. Adrian said that is a gift from God, a descerning spirit.I was praying and asking God what is this about and what can i do about it. Something happened during the senior confirmation camp, i guess God not only wants me to go there to serve but also receive something from Him.
I was praying really hard about it because it constantly bothers me, this feeling i mean. Then on the third day of camp(sunday) morning, i went down to the living room of Fr.OC's house(his really nice to let us stay there during camp).Still feeling groggy and blur due to a late night of preparation for mass for that day. As i sit on the couch, waiting for the blurness to wear off Adrian suddenly ask me something that makes me think. He ask "Which armour of God is for offence?", i was stunned with his question and look at him with a blank stare. Looking at my blank stare he say that maybe i'm not awake yet and continued with his work.
That question did made me think...the whole morning. Then Adrian ask me to pray over people over the praying session. so i feel that i'll need to pray, so i perpare myself to find a quiet place to pray. But God's spirit prompt me to pivk up the Bible and read. I reluctantly do so. i opened up my dailly bread, turned to the page(28th may 2006, sunday) and opened the Bible to the verse that is stated there. Guess what it was Ephesians 6:10-18...it talks about the armour of GOD!!!

Ephesians 6:10-18

10
1 Finally, draw your strength from the Lord and from his mighty power.
11
Put on the armor of God so that you may be able to stand firm against the tactics of the devil.
12
For our struggle is not with flesh and blood but with the principalities, with the powers, with the world rulers of this present darkness, with the evil spirits in the heavens.
13
Therefore, put on the armor of God, that you may be able to resist on the evil day and, having done everything, to hold your ground.
14
So stand fast with your loins girded in truth, clothed with righteousness as a breastplate,
15
and your feet shod in readiness for the gospel of peace.
16
In all circumstances, hold faith as a shield, to quench all (the) flaming arrows of the evil one.
17
And take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
18
With all prayer and supplication, pray at every opportunity in the Spirit. To that end, be watchful with all perseverance and supplication for all the holy ones
I guess i got the answer about the feeling that i have. I think God wants me to use His armour, especially when i have that 'feeling'. To use the armour to fight the evil spirit because our battle isnt agaisn't human forces but agaisn't the rulers and authorities and thier dark powers which govern the world. I am to be a worrior of Christ, to stand on His side in the front line to fight.
Dear Lord, teach me to use your armour, thats my prayer...

No comments: