Monday, August 07, 2006

REST!


Mark 6: 30-34

The apostles gathered together with Jesus
and reported all they had done and taught.
He said to them,
“Come away by yourselves to a deserted place and rest a while.”
People were coming and going in great numbers,
and they had no opportunity even to eat.
So they went off in the boat by themselves to a deserted place.
People saw them leaving and many came to know about it.
They hastened there on foot from all the towns
and arrived at the place before them.

When he disembarked and saw the vast crowd,
his heart was moved with pity for them,
for they were like sheep without a shepherd;
and he began to teach them many things.

Living in a hectic place like KL, where life is stressful, places are always full of busy people that you can be like them. Going about life everyday that you forget to just take a step back and really think.

Living like a mad person, I have to go to college, work two part time jobs to pay my bills, take care of my family and even serve in church. Before sun rise I’m out of the house till the sun has set and the day is about to be over only I go back home. Everyday is a routine to me, where I just have no time for myself anymore!!! Slowly life would be a drag, you’ll have yourself having a hard time waking up, life seems such a mess, you don’t have ENOUGH time anymore, your body start to ace and slow down etc etc etc. That’s when you realize that you NEED a break!

Its important for us to leave the house, your normal life and go into solitude to think and rest. To think about “what are the things that really matter in your life?” Come away to be by yourself and rest for a while.

I realize I need that solitude, the need to think and listen. Most importantly, I NEED REST!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aih.. u say need a rest but...but... when we ask you out u say no! huh? by the way if see this comment bf 15/08 8 pm... and u think u can make it... to go out with us.. call

may, pei ling, ooi beng, kam fai, nicholas, ee ee,me of course going out ... try to make it la~~~ hope to see u there